One of the defense that Planned Parenthood supporters try to use is the line: “Planned Parenthood’s Abortion is only 3% of what it does.” For instance we see Congressman Bill Foster use this argument in one of his Tweet:
Does that justify the murdering of the preborn or harvesting their bodies for sale?
Here’s my response:
- If the statistics from Planned Parenthood are true, those good services does not cover the bad one that Planned Parenthood has committed.
- Can you imagine if Organized Crime argue the way Planned Parenthood does by avoiding the issue of their sins and then parade what good services they provide as a means of downplaying the amount of murders committed?
- No really think about it.
- Since PP is a part of the “medical” industry, what would we think of a medical organization that intentionally murder 3 percent of their clients annually and sell their body parts? Would we buy their propaganda of quality health care even if they parade on their social media pictures of celebrities and smiling average women splashed with pink and blue?
- We must not look at the abortions they have commit only in terms of percentages of all that they do. That doesn’t tell the whole story. We must ask what is the actual amount of abortions performed. The statistics that Planned Parenthood pulled for their 3 percent comes from their 2013 statistics found on page 20 of this document here: http://issuu.com/actionfund/docs/annual_report_final_proof_12.16.14_/21?e=0/10721633. What that 3% means is given on the next page, page 21: 327,653. 327,653 looks a lot different than merely citing 3%. That’s 327,653 lives. 327,653 babies murdered.
- Moral outrage has occurred for less than 3%. Think of the public outrage of police killing civilians in America. There is an estimated 12.2 million arrests in 2013 according to the FBI. Of course there are more police encounters that didn’t result in an arrests than those that did result in an arrests. And yet the 461 cop killings in 2013 and the 400 up to date thus far in 2015 has sparked the moral outrage and moral concern from the American people even though it is 0.003278688% of the “services” the police provides us.
- Continuing in the vein of the previous point, isn’t ironic that the President of Planned Parenthood Cecile Richards can tweet her protests against police brutality and #Blacklivesmatter? Something tells me she doesn’t buy the low percentage statistics argument in defense of police brutality.
- Someone might say the police analogy does not work. All analogies break down but Planned Parenthood is worst than police brutality. There are more lives killed by Planned Parenthood. And Planned Parenthood is intentionally involved with murdering lives at an institutional level. The standard operating procedure for those murder include tearing limbs to pieces that’s more horrific than most crime scene that involved a firearm.
- Planned Parenthood and their supporters make so much about the 97% of the services they provide and craft their presentation of pro-lifers being against those other services. But if these services are so essential why not give up murdering and selling babies?
- If an organization was to condone and carry out the murder of one person no matter what the percentage that sin is compared to other things it does, that still is wrong and unjustifiable because a person is made in the image of God. Those involved will be culpable with God one day. If one does not repent and trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior of their sins, I hope they are warned that it is a frightening thing to fall into the hands of a living God.