This is for a group of guys in my church as we go over the apologetics’ book “Ultimate Proof of Creation” by Jason Lisle. It is a book that teaches Presuppositional apologetics that engages apologetics at the level of worldview. Cornelius Van Til was instrumental in beginning this form of apologetics and others have developed and applied it.
I thought the following questions might be helpful for other individuals and other small groups to facilitate discussions and learning. I plan to make more discussion guides as we slowly go over the book.
- Outline the direction of this book.
- Save this outline for reference as you read through the book to map where we are going.
- What are some of the extra-biblical evidences that Dr. Lisle cited for biblical creation? (18-24)
- Do all evolutionists accept these evidences? Why not?
- What are rescuing devices? (22-23)
- Is rescuting devices always wrong? When is it legitimate? (24-25)
- What is a worldview ? (25-26)
- What do you say to those who object to the idea of worldview informing how we interpret evidences? (26-28)
- In light of the discussion of worldviews, how does this explain why people do not reconsider their worldviews with evidences? (28)
- Does Jason Lisle think there is no hope in light of the dilemma of people holding different worldviews? (29)
- What illustration did you find helpful in this chapter?
Next: Chapter 2